Pretty soon after Baby was born I made a habit of singing a song for him before going to sleep for the night. At first it was definitely more for me rather than him - I think he probably would have been perfectly happy to go to sleep without a song, but I get the feeling now it's as much for him as it is for me. Nearly every night is the same - I tell Baby it's nearly time for bed and he frantically runs around coming up with more stalling tactics to extract more playing time out of me. Then when it's time I pick him up and he cries and fights in protest, but as I hold him and sing to him, I feel his body give in and melt into mine, his head and eyes heavy with sleepiness. I suspect 'somewhere over the rainbow' is his favourite. I always ask him what I should sing, and I wish I knew which song he wants to hear... One day he will be able to tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment