Up until now, I haven't used a pram (or in UK terms - pushchair). In fact I don't even own one. I'm so grateful to my friend's wife for introducing me to the world of baby slings (also known as babywearing, but for some reason I don't really like using that term) as slings have allowed me to remain pram free for so long, and slings are still keeping my dream to never own a pram alive. As Baby gets older, larger, heavier, I'm fairly certain the judgemental comments will outnumber the 'awww isn't that sweet' comments (particularly thinking of you - checkout ladies in Tesco). So if any of those judgemental comments gets me down in the not too distant future, remember these...
I haven't gone for a run or been to the gym for months (this is a big thing for me), yet I still feel fairly fit - this I think must be from carrying a 10kg+ person around pretty much every day.
Would I have noticed the huge smile on Baby's face when he sees the tube approaching, if I didn't have his face so close to mine?
Would I have discovered how fun grocery shopping with Baby can be when I'm carrying him? He's recently started helping me push the trolley around and he insists on holding onto each item I pick and then dropping it into the trolley.
Would I be able to give Baby hugs and kisses while we're out and about if he was in a pram? Especially on the way home from nursery, which is when he desperately needs them.
I haven't gone for a run or been to the gym for months (this is a big thing for me), yet I still feel fairly fit - this I think must be from carrying a 10kg+ person around pretty much every day.
Would I have noticed the huge smile on Baby's face when he sees the tube approaching, if I didn't have his face so close to mine?
Would I have discovered how fun grocery shopping with Baby can be when I'm carrying him? He's recently started helping me push the trolley around and he insists on holding onto each item I pick and then dropping it into the trolley.
Would I be able to give Baby hugs and kisses while we're out and about if he was in a pram? Especially on the way home from nursery, which is when he desperately needs them.
No comments:
Post a Comment