I say this all the time at the moment to Baby, but I've just read that this can potentially set Baby up to believe that he will disappoint me by saying this, and on reflection I can see how this is true. One more phrase for me to catch and rephrase before it leaves my lips.
I've read articles in the past, and still am reading them, about things you should and shouldn't say to your child. It's easy to stay away from being negative, the hard part is knowing how to say positive things the 'right' way. There are so many things that I say naturally with the intention of trying to be positive and encouraging, but I know a lot of them do more harm than good. I guess I hope that by noting them down as I find them, I'll be more mindful of them and more careful about the words I use to support and encourage Baby.
I've read articles in the past, and still am reading them, about things you should and shouldn't say to your child. It's easy to stay away from being negative, the hard part is knowing how to say positive things the 'right' way. There are so many things that I say naturally with the intention of trying to be positive and encouraging, but I know a lot of them do more harm than good. I guess I hope that by noting them down as I find them, I'll be more mindful of them and more careful about the words I use to support and encourage Baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment