Yep, it's been a while - butt is clearly still very lazy.
I came here to start blogging about something (oooohhhh mysterious) but decided the last entry deserved a bit of an update -
2010
#01 01/03 mika @ hammersmith apollo
#02 11/03 stereophonics @ wembley arena
#03 18/03 mgmt @ heaven
#04 06/05 ash @ koko
#05 13/05 the big pink @ the forum
#06 21/05 faithless @ brixton o2 academy
#07 04/06 powderfinger @ brixton o2 academy
#08 05/06 powderfinger @ brixton o2 academy
#09 08/06 crowded house @ hammersmith apollo
#10 23/06 scissor sisters @ brixton o2 academy
#11 24/06 jamiroquai @ club debut (miraculously managed to get through and buy these limited tickets for dirt cheap!)
#12 04/07 foals/2 door cinema club @ roundhouse (won itunes festival tickets! yay!)
#13 12/07 the temper trap @ somerset house (thanks to wonderful vivian for having an amex)
#na 13/07 the middle east @ bush hall (didn't end up going to this because 1 - no one to go with, 2 - already saw them with ttt the night before, and 3 - we were moving house the coming weekend and some serious packing needed to be done... or started...)
#14 15/07 florence @ somerset house
#15 27/08 reading festival
#16 09/09 white rabbits @ relentless garage (so so glad they scheduled a warmup gig last minute!)
#17 11/09 muse @ wembley stadium
#18 22/09 2 door cinema club @ shepherds bush o2 academy
#19 02/10 mumford & sons @ manchester apollo (after having already toured the uk a few times I didn't think they would squeeze in one more round - again so so glad they did!)
#20 04/10 lifehouse @ shepherds bush o2 academy
#21 23/10 mark ronson & the bus. intl @ hmv forum (won tickets! free gig!)
#22 03/11 the black keys @ brixton academy (thanks jim for the free tickets)
#23 27/11 primal scream @ olympia
#24 30/11 the hoosiers @ hmv forum (won tickets *again*!)
so the final count went from 17 to 24...
And 2011? I think the loss of my gigging stalwart (aka Vivian) really will mean that I'm not going to be so gig crazy - really :) So far I only have Lifehouse (yes I really do need to see them again) and Take That. And with Take That I didn't even buy the tickets on the first, or second release of tickets, being rather dubious about whether I really wanted to see them given the cringeworthy duet Robbie and Gary had done, and seeing the very bizarre and cringeworthy video clip for The Flood. But when they released another (final?) round of tickets, I thought I'd try my luck, and I am now the owner of two (currently virtual) tickets to see Take That. I'd been dreading listening to their album for the aforementioned reasons, as well as being slightly disappointed by the reformed TT's 2nd album. But like a good TT supporter I still learnt to enjoy the circus, and thoroughly enjoyed myself at their gig (I did go 3 times... they really do put on a good show!). But I decided to bite the bullet a couple of weeks ago, and acquire the album to give it a listen. And it was surprising. I really think The Flood is a great song now (ignore the video clip). It has some rather dark material in it and their sound has become very electric, clearly Robbie's influence for the former, and likely for the latter too. The first half of the album is actually really good. Second half, is ok, but overall, I am really surprised at how good this album is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment